So, I used to be a physical therapist. Surprise!
I haven't formally treated since 2018, but I didn't walk away with bad blood. There were no tables flipped, I'm extremely proud of all that I accomplished during the years that I practiced, and I will die on the hill that physical therapy is the best first career.
So why did I leave? How did I leave? What exactly did that transition look like? What lessons do I hope that you take from my journey and apply to your own?
Tune into the full episode to find out.
In This Episode You'll Hear:
- Why I became a physical therapist
- My career as a physical therapist
- A better question to ask than “Where do you see yourself in 5 years?”
- Why I left physical therapy
- What I didn't like about physical therapy
- The steps I took to transition out of physical therapy
- Physical therapy as the best first career
- The impact of earned privilege
- Big leaps vs small steps
- Officially pivoting away from teaching about movement
- My takeaways for you
- How I working to change the world
Links & Resources For This Episode:
NEW! Watch this episode on YouTube!
Checkout AZ on Instagram: @firerescuewellness
Check out Dr. Sara Suddes on Instagram: @sarasuddes
Read my article – Careers After PT School: The Road Less Traveled
Listen to MOTM #119: I Don't Like Treating
Check out the transcript for this episode!
Catch me on the socials: Instagram | YouTube | Twitter | TikTok | Facebook