December 08, 2018 - December 09, 2018
9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Australian Catholic University
1100 Nudgee Road
Maestrofy your approach to treatment! You asked, I listened, so here it is. This 2-day course is an introduction to how I assess and treat, with a heavy emphasis on the nervous system and of course, movement. Here's a quick rundown of what I've got planned for you:
- The Art of the Subjective Assessment
- Who Talks Like That?
- A practical approach to understanding pain science and the biopsychosocial model
- Started from the Bottom Now We Here
- A human development approach to movement
- Inspector Gadget Hour
- Identifying the most common movement dysfunctions: Do biomechanics matter?
- Don't Guess, Assess
- Step-by-step assessments to determine the cause of movement dysfunction: mobility stability, motor control
- Opening the Neurological Window*
- The role of touch and modalities
- Seducing the Nervous System
- Addressing mobility, stability, and motor control dysfunctions
- Started from the Bottom…and You Should Probably Go Back There
- A systematic approach to exercise prescription and programming
- I'm Stuck, Send Help
- Sensory Integration, neurological trickery, and whatever other buzzwords will get you to sign up for the course
- Manic Monday
- How to apply these concepts as soon as you get back to the clinic
*This is my own curriculum, however, the three inaugural courses (being held in New Zealand and Australia) are being powered by ever-awesome RockTape, which means that I will spend time during the morning of Day 2 discussing modalities such as RockTape, RockFloss, RockBlades, and RockPods.
I can't wait to meet you and nerd out!