It's time to debunk some myths and set the record straight. Brought on my dude Dr. Drew Timmermans so he could answer ALL the questions about naturopathic medicine, and I mean ALL the questions.
If you've ever wondered what the heck naturopathic medicine actually is, or if a naturopathic doctor is legit, this is the episode for you.
Do stem cell injections actually work? WTF is prolotherapy? Can injections help chronic pain? Tune in to the full episode to get all the answers and hear what a truly patient-centered model looks like.
In this episode you'll hear:
- What made Drew want to go into medicine
- The difference between allopathic, osteopathic, and naturopathic doctors
- Drew’s path to becoming a naturopathic doctor
- Understanding that there is time and a place for the allopathic model
- What exactly it is that Drew does
- Getting to the root of things with patients
- Considering and addressing the psychosocial component of dysfunction
- How Drew gets buy-in from patients
- How Drew uses his intake form to both gain insight and also as barrier to entry
- How much lab results play into his evaluations
- When surgical consults are warranted
- Regenerative injections
- Does insurance cover this?
- Fluoroscopic and ultrasound guidance for injections
- Neurogenic inflammation and chronic pain
- Allodynia and hyperalgesia
- Cutaneous nerve entrapments
- How to spot a fake doctor!
- What Drew considers to be one of the biggest stressors in life
Links & Resources for this Episode:
Contact Drew on IG: @regenerativeperformance