Maestro on the Mic

MOTM #022: Anthony Mucurio – How to Run Faster, Jump Higher, and Keep Young Athletes Healthy

Monday, June 18th, 2018

Brought on Anthony Mucurio, one of the top minds in the strength and conditioning world to pick his brain and talk shop. Admittedly, I might be a bit biased because Anthony is one of my best friends, but his passion for this material is undeniable, and his understanding of what it takes to be a truly good coach is unmatched. If you’re at all interested in human performance, this is an episode you’re going to want to listen to. I also announce a cool project that we’re working on and ask for some feedback from you. So tune in, let your voice be heard, and watch your wishes come true.

Contact Anthony:

21:35 The failures of phys-ed
25:57 Advice to the parents of young athletes
29:31 Been an invested parent
32:25 Training age
34:33 Coaching the fundamentals of running
36:24 Switching from CrossFit Utica to Prime Movement and Performance
40:25 Who wants a webinar?
42:24 Advice to aspiring and new coaches
43:46 Strength training for kids

Comments

1. Kayla says:

PLEASE have a webinar about the bridge between rehab to Performace!
    Logistics of it, the “pass off”, communication between practionner/coach/client, exercises, anything !!
    Such an awesome episode

1. Shanté Cofield says:

That’s EXACTLY where my head was going with this. I think the hybrid model is awesome and it’s great when a PT has a solid strength and conditioning background/understanding, but, it’s impossible to do it all. Definitely a nice paradigm when we can all work together. Thanks so much for the feedback and stay tuned for that webinar!

2. Jared says:

DEFINITELY interested in this webinar. Dream job would be creating a business that combines these two worlds.
    I also would love some tips on what to look for in a performance coach and what to look for in a performance coach to partner with in a business!

1. Shanté Cofield says:

Absolutely! And that’s an awesome question/topic to further tease out. Please don’t hesitate to hit me up with any other suggestions you may have!

3. Mike V says:

I would 100% be interested in a webinar with you and Anthony! Keep the 🔥🔥🔥 rolling!

1. Shanté Cofield says:

I appreciate you taking the time to reach out, my dude! Webinar coming your way. Stay tuned!

4. Annette says:

Yasssssss!!! Webinar please and thanks!

AZFitnessNutrition

1. Shanté Cofield says:

Ask and you shall receive, my friend!

5. Andi says:

Webinar for the win! I would also love to have some awesome knowledge bombs on training the youth as well.

1. Shanté Cofield says:

Lots of interest in youth training. Excited to bring you some good stuff. Thanks for tuning in AND dropping some feedback!

6. Tiffany M says:

Really enjoyed this episode. Absolutely interested in a webinar on bridging the gap between prehab/rehab & performance! Would love to learn more from Anthony’s perspective on training youth athletes.

1. Shanté Cofield says:

Thanks so much for tuning in! Stay tuned for official info about the webinar. Gonna do our best to include all the stuff that you guys are asking about! Truly appreciate the feedback.