Pumped as hell for you guys to hear this one!
Join me for an incredible conversation with Ben Patrick, founder of the Athletic Truth Group, and creator of the knee ability program that has changed my life. I know, that's a big statement. But I'm speaking my truth.
Be skeptical. I don't blame you. All I ask is that you listen to the entire episode, hear what Ben has to say, and then decide for yourself. PS – Discount code coming your way so you can try out the program for yourself. Got knee pain? I've got just the thing for you.
In This Episode You'll Hear:
- Ben’s back story – trust me, you’re going to want to listen to this
- Ben’s passion for basketball
- Ben’s extensive history with knee pain/surgery/dysunction
- The moment when Ben decided he was going to take his health into his own hands and fix his knees
- Ben’s discovery of and experimenting with knees-over-toes training
- Second chance basketball school and improving his knees WHILE playing basketball
- Saying no to Division 1 basketball scholarships
- How Ben started training athletes and growing his business
- Ben’s goal to work with NBA players (I apologize for the poor volume quality of this portion)
- My opinion of Ben’s knee ability online program
- What things could be like if youth and collegiate athletes received this same type of training
- Ben’s approach to flexibility and mobility (he reads an actual DM that a youth basktball player sent him an hour before we recorded the podcast)
- Strength through length
- Turning PT qualities into max effort strength training
- Hips vs lower extremity strength – my favorite part of the entire episode
- Tibialis raises!!!!
- Using Nordic hamstring curls to help knee pain
- Bringing these concepts into the physical therapy world
- Hip dominant vs knee dominant step down patterns
- Stop doing stuff that’s hurting you (for now) and stop working hard at staying the same
- Using Ben’s programming in the clinic
- Why the programming might be more enjoyable for trainers and clinicians that athletes
- How Ben’s online/remote programming works
- Ben’s coaching staff
- What Ben’s old MRI says
- Special code to save 30% off your first month of online coaching with Ben and the ATG team – ATG15
- A reason to stop buying long pants
Links & Resources for This Episode:
Check out the training program: atgonlinecoaching.com